St Louis General Contractor Specializing in Energy Management using: Green, Eco Friendly and Sustainable Building Materials that utilize
Energy Reducing Resources for Home Improvement Projects and Energy Conservation for the St Louis Region
Scotts Contracting offers the Following Services for Home and Business
- Building Improvements
- Job Site Photos of many of the projects that Scotts Contracting has been a part in.
- Remodel Rehab Services are available for the St Louis Region
- Investment Property Rehab-Protect your bottom line with proven Design Build techniques that will translate into greater Tenant satisfaction
- Repair Services-Scotts Contracting realizes that sometimes the cost to build new are not in the budget and can fix and repair many of the Issues that are needed for the home.
- Interior Carpentry-This is the first step in building a functional space that is both pleasing and
- CAD Designs for every project
- Increasing Curb Appeal
- Energy Conservation St Louis Brick Home
- Front Porch CAD Designs additional CAD Front Porch Designs for determing the best fit for Increasing the Curb appeal while providing function.
- CAD Deck Design-Simple CAD drawing of Deck with Pergolo and hot tub.
- Porch Footing and Pier CAD Designs
- Interior and Exterior
- Energy Efficient Carpentry-Examples of how to add Energy Efficiency into the Build of any project
- Kitchen and Bath
- Kitchen and Bath Remodels that meet your Budgeting Concerns
- Kitchen Project Photos-Photos taken from a kitchen remodel in the South Hampton Region- Coffered Ceiling, Plumbing Stack, Garbage Disposal, New Sink-Cabinets-LED lighting-Counter Top, Accent and Under the Counter Accent Lights
- Weatherization and Energy Conservation
- Energy Rating
- Insulation for your Home
- Interior Tuckpointing-If you can see loose mortar, falling bricks, or daylight through the bricks its time for Tuckpointing
- Decorative Tuckpointing- Using Soulard Red Mortar Mix
- Exterior Tuckpointing on an Investment Property is S StLouis
- Home Foundations
- Exterior Finishes
- Siding Project Photos from projects located on the Hill in St Louis
- Stucco Repair from water damage on Interior Wall
- Concrete with Decorative Concrete Finishes
- Drywall Installation and Finishing
- Benton Project- See how we brought the Old Western-Old South St Louis Decor and Feel into a Modern Day Apartment
- Law Office Project-As well as installing French Doors with Dual Action Saloon Door Hinges, we also remodeled the Reception Area as well as the addition of 2 new offices-Network Closet-Small Kitchen for the Staff- as well as an Energy Efficient Point of Demand Water Heater!
- Flooring Options
Upon leaving the Army I enrolled in a ACET College Drafting Program (Architectural Construction Engineer of Technology). The Engineering / Drafting Classes (see classes below) were geared towards the Design and Construction of Residential and Commercial Buildings.
After leaving college I started working in the Construction Industry. I am proud to have worked on a wide variety of projects, from the site layout to completion: Residential, Commercial Buildings and Structures, Highway Projects, Electrical Distribution and Transmission...
Hands-On Experience working in the Fields as:
- Rod Buster
- 4 Lane Bridge Construction, Multi-Level Parking Structure, Hospital Office Expansion
- Water Truck Driver / Grade Checker
- Excavation / Dirt Work Company
- 45 Mile 2 and 3 Pole Line Construction Project that supplied the power to the below mentioned Electrical Substation
- medium sized Electrical Sub Station
- Concrete Experience
- Forming, Reinforcing, Pouring, Finishing, and Decorative Finishes- piers, footings, walls, driveways, sidewalks, and curbs for Residential and Commercial Projects
- Carpentry Experience-The majority of my carpentry experience has come in the Remodeling of Homes and Business. From the Roof of a House to the Basement and have Hands-On experience with: repairing, remodeling, and building homes / small commercial projects.
- Framing- Metal or Wood
- Trim-work- Composite or Wood
- Drywall- Installation and Finishing
- Electrical- LED, Lighting, Switches, Fans, Outlets...
- Basic Plumbing / HVAC
- Doors / Windows- Repair or Replace
- Roofing-Flat or Pitched-Torch Down, Shingles, and Metal
- Interior Finishes- Paints, Stains, Textured Finishes
- Flooring- Glue Down Carpet and Ceramic Tile
- Insulation- Blow In, Batts, Foam...
- Weatherization and Water Proofing
- Cabinetry and Appliance Installation
- Exterior Finishes- Painting, Staining,Siding, Fascia, Soffits
I believe that Green and Sustainable Buildings is the future of the Construction Industry and I support the Green Building Initiative via the Internet and various Web Sites that I own and operate. I happily report that many of my on-line publications are on the first page of Google Search Engine Results. I utilize the following Social Net Working Sites: Facebook, Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn and others to further promote the Green Build Initiative.
I have received on-line Certification's in basic: Solar, Wind, and Residential Weatherization/Rating. With plans on additional Industry Recognized Certifications in: Solar Photovoltaic- Design and Installation and Energy Rating / Weatherization.
On any Project I work on I document all the work I do with-photos and descriptions for the projects. I do this as Self Promotion and to Promote the People and Businesses I work for with Additional Emphasis on Green Projects! This gives all parties Dual Advertising via the Internet thru my Green and Eco Friendly Web Sites and Social Media Platforms.
Previous Job Site Construction Photos available for viewing at: Scotts Contracting Job Site Photo- I try to show a variety of prior Job Site Photos highlighting the Various Skills and Techniques Used to Accomplish the Projects on Time and With-In Budgets
Click Here to Email Scotty for any additional information or to Schedule a Green Site Evaluation for your Next Project or Green Build Opportunities.
Sioux City Campus
The Architectural Construction Engineering Technology program is designed to prepare students for the careers of drafting, estimating, and surveying with an emphasis on commercial structures such as wood framed, steel or metal building systems. Through the aid of traditional and advanced computerized drafting techniques (CAD), students will explore architectural topics such as building materials, structural detailing, site selection, and overall building design.
MAT 772 Applied Math 3 ARC 140 Architectural Materials & Methods I 3 CSC 110 Introduction to Computers* 3 EGT 400 PLTW Intro to Engineering Design 3 SDV 114 Strategies for Academic Success 3 ARC 129 Residential/Light Commercial Drafting 4 MAT 775 Applied Algebra/Trigonometry 3 ARC 113 Architectural Drafting I 4 CAD 172 Intro to CAD: AutoCAD* 2 CAD, ELT, WEL Technical Support Elective 2 COM 753 Technical Communications* 3 DRF 161 Descriptive Geometry I 3 ARC 155 Structural Steel Drafting 4 ARC 220 Principles of Estimating 4 ARC 170 Intro to Surveying/Building Layout 2 ARC 149 Metal Building Systems Drafting 6 CAD 175 Advanced CAD: AutoCAD 2 ARC 152 Post Frame Structure Drafting 5 ARC 251 AEC CAD I 2 PEH Healthful Living Elective 1 PSY 102 Human and Work Relations 3 Total Credits 65